Monday, November 29, 2010

Field Trip Comics

I didn't know really want to expect from our field trip, but I ended up having lots of fun. I was a bit disappointed that the older kids were all convinced they couldn't draw, but at least the younger ones were unquestionably more enthusiastic! Only one of the older kids in my group actually drew a comic, and the other two doodled for a bit but then gave up. The younger girls mostly just drew random pictures, but one did attempt to make a comic there as well. I didn't really want to take them away from them because they seemed to like what they made and I'd feel bad about it, so I just have copies of the ones I did.

Our theme with the older kids was winter, which is my least favorite season so I made mine simply about a melting snowman (they seemed to like it)

 
With the younger kids, I made a random story with a cat (I give credit for the giant ball of yarn to them).


Yup, so that's that. It was fun, though I think I preferred working with the younger ones simply because they were more enthusiastic about it and more willing to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment