Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Marvelous IPhone Musician

I chose to do my fairytale script based upon Andrew Lang's "The Marvellous Musician" and retell it so its in a more modern setting and with more humorous.

The script can be found here.

I liked writing this one more than the previous script as I got to have more fun with it, though I found it difficult to get started since I didn't know how I wanted to change it and make it my own.  I was almost worried that I wouldn't fit the 12 page limit, but I somehow managed to fit the end on the last page. If I could do as many pages as I wanted, I think I would have paced it differently. I like using panels to change up the pace or slow things down, which I think is an advantage of webcomics - we can pace it however we like because we don't have any page restrictions. Of course each page has to be compelling and paced well on its own, but it also has to be paced well as a unit. I think I find I like writing for that better because there's more freedom and leeway involved...plus you can sort it all out yourself without having to try to explain what you want to another or understand what they want haha

No comments:

Post a Comment